Feb 24, 2010

Another Great Day in The Saddle

Ahhh another great day in the saddle....
I felt a bit of hesitation today about heading out as the forecast called for rain and snow....but we just bit the bullet and stuck with the plan....TT up Caesar's head....let's do it!
With a TON of stuff shoved in our pockets..OK I MAY have had the most...JUST IN CASE of bad weather!! We headed off from Aunt Sue's as a starting point.
The weather ended up being pretty mild! And I had to jimmy a way to carry all that warm clothes up the hill without wearing it!!! Let's just say I had a big hump in my back!!
Vero made sure I was on my toes, and me her..we were good partners up the climb...it always helps....everyone had their own plan up the hill so that worked out great.
After a chilly descent we warmed back up quickly as the terrain here is rarely flat for long!
We rounded up with a solid 3.5hour ride finishing up 178 and back to Aunt Sue's for a fresh cookie..some opted for a fresh Coke :) and then home for that famous KK RICE PUDDING! It was the bomb...you go KK......
Oh...side note..so we were about 15min from the end of the ride and Vero OUT OF THE BLUE SAYS..."OH MY GOD!!!...I FORGOT TO EAT MY 2 EGGS" and you really had to be there because here we all thought...what? As she paused after the OH MY GOD..we were thinking did her pedal fall off??? She flatted??? A dog coming???? AHHHHH NO....she simply had this random...serious moment as she recalled that she forgot to eat her eggs before the ride...too funny....and with her great French accent it was 100 times funnier...I love the accents, everything sounds better!
Now we are eagerly looking to watch CLARA HUGHES SKATE FOR CANADA!! But we can't find it on TV! How irritating!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
We actually all woke up at 11:30 to watch the Canadian Joanie figure skate..it was very emotional.it was awesome, she was awesome. Truly amazing performance.
Well, time for me to get to work on dinner. Our group is fixing up a salmon dinner with stir fry...YUM!!! Can't wait!
Only 3 more days here..so sad! It's been the BEST training and I kind of wish I could stay until San Dimas..but Tucson will bring some racing :).
The team is all getting stronger, it's great stuff! And we are good at pushing one another. Every day is a bit better. It's great to watch.

Until next time....
Nanoblur-Gears

No comments:

Post a Comment